Lorin and Dewayne Carpenter: Stronger Through Partnerships
Dewayne Carpenter has over 20 years of experience with a long-standing reputation for selling some of the most distinguished properties in the marketplace. As the visionary for the CK Creative, his expertise centers on development marketing, research and strategic planning.
Lorin Carpenter, a business consultant with a passion for healthy living, healthy eating, living with intention, and aging with vitality — began working with Dr. Rebecca Hunton at her integrative wellness medical practice in 2012. Lorin was able to “marry” her own personal lifestyle with a business that focused solely on getting to the root causes of illness, disease and premature aging with the ultimate goal of reversing them and healing patients.
In January 2017, Lorin and Rebecca partnered to open Radiantly Healthy Vitamin Infusion Drip Lounge, the first of its kind in Brevard County.
What made you form partnerships in business as opposed to go into business for yourself?
D: A team will always outperform an individual. By combining our networks and each other's unique abilities, we are able to service the seller, the property and potential buyers more effectively due to the fact that we work and collaborate together.
L: There would be no business without my business partner. Because it is medical in nature, it is imperative that I have a medical director and Dr. Hunton is not only the most capable MD in our area in the space of integrative functional medicine, but she has also been administering IV therapy to her established patients for over 10 years.
I have been her business consultant since 2012. I admire and respect her, appreciate her knowledge and the benefit her medical practice brings to our community, and I subscribe to an “integrative functional medicine” lifestyle myself. Moreover, I truly love being in business with a good friend that I learn from everyday. We both bring a unique skill set to the table.
What legacy are you hoping to create with your business? Do you give back to the community?
D: We feel the consumer deserves a better agent experience. We are eager to modernize and evolve the experience of buying and selling real estate by cultivating a spirit of collaboration, innovation, and integrity. Ultimately advancing the industry, providing memorable experiences where clients refer their family members, friends and children.
Giving Back — Our team is deeply rooted in Brevard. By supporting events, charities, and organizations that benefit our area, we hope to create a prosperous future for our community. Over the years, we've supported well over charitable 40 organizations.
L: For me, It’s about treating every person that we care for in the Drip Lounge, as well as every employee that works with us, with respect and compassion, and taking an honest interest in them as human beings on a journey to better themselves and their health. It’s my hope that we are making people’s lives better through what we do, and if we are successful in that, I’d feel incredibly proud of the role that I have played. And we are always thrilled to be asked to support local charities and donate services. I really see it as a win-win.
Top 3 strategies that have contributed to your success?
- Always looking to the data so that we can confidently and correctly advise our clientele. After all, without the data you're just another person with an opinion.
- Hire professionals for each specific task who are smarter and better than us for that respective job. We are always looking for ways to put a new system or strategy in place than benefits the consumer.
- Always learning. We have a professional business coach and mastermind in elite groups.
- The single most important thing that I have done is hire exceptional individuals who are highly skilled, put our client’s needs first, and show up every day with an ownership mentality. They truly are the backbone, the glue, the secret sauce!
- Make sure that they feel appreciated, have the tools they need to do their jobs, and know that I have an open-door policy when it comes to input they may have for making the business better.
- Leveraging the power of social media and word-of-mouth to grow the business organically.
RH VI Radiantly Healthy Vitamin Infusion Drip Lounge
150 5th Ave., Suite B, Indialantic
436 5th Ave., Indialantic
Read more articles in our DIGITAL MAGAZINE.