Whats Your Bride Vibe?
You are about to walk down the aisle and all eyes are on YOU. All those months of planning and prepping, waxing and cheering has led to this moment, the big day. How do you want to look? How do you want to feel?
The most popular bridal looks can be categorized into these groups: classic, glam, boho, and modern.
Owner Julia Barney of Fifth Avenue Bridal says, “Trending now are simple, more cost-conscious designer gowns, which provide more possibilities for the bride to accessorize in a grand, dramatic or whimsical way with detachable trains, removable overskirts, curated hair pieces, and stunning veils.”
ALWAYS A CLASSIC
The classic bride is the epitome of timeless tradition. Sophisticated shapes and fine detailed accessories lend to the romantic side of the classic look.
- Dress & veil from Fifth Avenue Bridal
- Hair: In a traditional formal updo style. Elegantly swept back and secured in place. Smooth and medium shine, in trend middle parting, front tendrils out and softly curled. Accent with detailed veil.
- Makeup: Soft and airy makeup with minimal contouring. Nothing too bold or overdone. A timeless look that typically includes cooler tones for the eyes, a natural pink flush on the cheeks and sheer nude lip.
TURN UP THE GLAM
The glam bride is extra in all the right ways. She amps up the drama and is always ready to turn up the va va voom.
- Dress and veil from Fifth Avenue Bridal by Julia Barney
- Hair: Long Hollywood waves, strong parting, with a bouncy wave pattern. Accessorized with statement hair jewels and veil. Your hair is the frame for your more bold makeup look, therefore it should compliment and never compete.
- Makeup: Seductive, smoldering, showstopping eyes paired with a bold or nude lip (whatever suits the bride’s personality). More is more for this dramatic look — big lashes, bold eyeliner, strong contour, and highlighter that blinds every guest.
Boho may be your bridal vibe if you love all things natural, artsy and carefree. This look can lean into a vintage feel with elements of the Earth.
- Dress from Nicole Maree Bridal
- Custom floral hair piece from Kapri & Co.
- Hair: Half up and back, no partings in particular, hair should look wind blown and in touch with nature. Hair mixed with multiple textures, front of the hair lifted back gently to create softness around the face. This looks works fantastically with naturally curly hair.
- “Boho brides are loving the dried floral trend. Using them as hair accessories is a perfect way to keep wedding flowers incorporated even when it’s time to put down the bouquet and enjoy the party,” says expert photographer Jackie Watson of Ardensea.
- Makeup: Healthy, glowy skin. Clean under eyes with a bright inner corner highlight. Faux freckles and sunkissed bronze tones add an element of earthy beauty. A brown smoked out winged liner adds the perfect pop.
Today’s modern bride throws caution to the wind and lets their personality take the stage. From bold colors to unconventional accessories, each bride can play up the playfulness in their own unique way.
- Dress and gloves from Nicole Maree Bridal in Viera
- Hair: Fashion forward with tight, sleek high bun and fluffy curtain fringe. Big bow clip for extra fun. Contrasting colors add depth and interest.
- Makeup: Graphic eyeliners, fluffy brows, or unexpected colors are just some fun ways to express individuality and personality. The modern bride plays by her own rules and her makeup can be just as much of an accessory as the other elements of her look.
Your expert beauty team will help cultivate your bridal aesthetic and keep your wedding day vibe in step with your unique personality. Feel confident and look like your most beautiful self as you glide down the aisle. Happy wedding planning!
Special thank you to participating vendors and models:
Banana River Resort @bananariverresortcb
Jackie Watson of Ardensea @ardensea
Nicole Maree Bridal @nicolemareebridal
Fifth Avenue Bridal @fifthavebridal
Train & Veil @train_and_veil
Kapri & Co @_kapri.co
Christina O’Dell @cloverandlilybeauty
Cassandra Hartford @cassandrahartford
Jocelyn Williamson @fitwithjocey
Jessica Briguglio @jessbriguglio
Brittney Robbins Hair Artistry
IG & FB @Brittneyrobbinshair
DARCYMM Makeup Artistry
IG & FB @makeupbydarcymm
Meet Our Thought Leaders:
Darcy Manning enjoyed a nearly 20-year career in public relations where she worked with a variety of corporations to develop and manage their public image. Since becoming a professional makeup artist in 2016, an interest she has had since childhood, she has refined her craft to focus her services mainly in education where she specializes in private makeup lessons for executives and professionals across all sectors and industries in Brevard County and beyond.
Brittney Robbins spent the last 18 years in New York City and recently relocated to Brevard County. Her expertise in hair color led her to an expansive career in education for Estee Lauder. She is published for her styling and has participated in multiple shows for New York Fashion Week.
- + Antiques
- + Attractions
- + Automotive
- + Business Services
- + Clothing & Access.
- + Entertainment
- + Estate Sales an...
- + Everything Beac...
- + Health & Beauty
- + Hotels
- + Night Life
- + Real Estate
- + Residential Ser...
- + Restaurants
- + Shopping
- + Travel
- + Weddings