International Day of Women and Girls in Science
Meet some amazing women in science and technology from the Space Coast.
Women and girls on the Space Coast are leading the way for the global science community. They deserve to be recognized as we celebrate the 6th International Day of Women and Girls in Science on February 11th.
Famous for our deep history and proud heritage of the NASA program on the Space Coast, you might say we're the perfect HUB for emerging science leaders. However, there's more than just the Space Shuttle and rockets driving these women of science.
Read the latest blog post on VisitSpaceCoast.com to learn more about the amazing women making our world a better place while paving the way for future women in science. The article features:
- Sarah Miller, Payloads Enginnering Manager for ULA
- Jessica Couch, Director & Chief Engineer, Advanced Programs at Northrop Grumman
- Jennifer Thompson, Environmental Specialist, Brevard County's Natural Resources Department
- Holly Abeels Florida Sea Grant Extension Agent UF/IFAS
- Jody Palmer, Director of Conservation at the Brevard Zoo
- Kyle Donnelly, DMV MPH, CACZM Brevard Zoo
- Lauren Hinson, General Curator Brevard Zoo
The author points out that we are "uniquely situated to be a launching pad for women and girls interested in science across multiple STEAM fields." It continues that beyond the Space Center, we have "incredibly diverse and unique ecosystems that biologists and ecologists can study."