Established in 1984, the Thrifty Nickel is considered the foremost classifieds publication. Its model strictly focuses on helping individuals and small businesses locate items they want or need to purchase, and for sellers to connect with those needing or wanting what is available for sale.
Joey Laurino, a twenty three year Brevard resident, is the force behind The Thrifty Nickel’s current and growing success with more than 30 years of publishing experience locally regionally and nationally.
Joey Laurino has learned his crafts of the years he spent on Madison Ave working for some of today’s largest publishing houses. His background also includes radio, and outdoor advertising.
The success of the Thrifty Nickel is that we have a niche product where if you need it or want to sell it we are the reliable place to go.
We thank the many individuals and business owners who do business with us week in and week out.
Since taking control of The Thrifty Nickel in 2008, Joey’s accomplishments have been many:
- Published every other Thursday
- Distributed to more than 900 locations including all 40 7-Elevens throughout Brevard county
- More than 35,000 readers per week
- Now averages 2.25 readers per copy
- Now averages 23,800 monthly pages views on thriftynickel.cfl.rr.com
- The Thrifty Nickel is part of a network of 70 Thrifty Nickel/ American Classifieds and 125 affiliated newspapers throughout the country to help you reach a local, regional or national audience to buy or sell your product.
- Across the country as whole Thrifty Nickel Want Ads/American Classifieds newspapers and TNOL.com have a weekly audience of over 5 million readers/viewers!
Joey Laurino’s mission for The Thrifty Nickel is clearly stated by its motto: E Pleribus Unum—“Out of many. One.”