Weight Loss Affirmations for the Holiday Season
Holiday season again?! During this busy time of year, you need nutrition structure and discipline. So here’s a fresh spin on the holiday season and dieting. Instead of focusing on what is wrong with your body and diet, let’s focus on the positive and give thanks.
Most of my clients have negative views of themselves. I hear them saying, “I’m fat” or “My metabolism is slow.” To see positive changes within your body, you need to start with your mind. Your attitude and outlook dictate your future! You will feel and see healthy changes if you put your mind to it.
I have created 10 Healthy Weight Loss Affirmations. Say one (preferably out loud) every day. Post your affirmation where you can see it often (phone screensaver or in you car). Whenever a negative thought pops into your mind, repeat your affirmation and keep repeating as needed. Most importantly, do your best to feel it and believe it.
Healthy Weight Loss Affirmations
- Every morning when I wake up, I am grateful to be alive. My health is a gift so I treat my body with the respect it deserves.
- My body is a miraculous machine working 24/7. It supports my every need. I release the need to criticize my body.
- I make important decisions every day. I choose health and wellness over illness. Today I will make positive choices about my health.
- Healthy food nourishes my body. I eat the right foods for optimum health and I feel energized and satisfied. Excess weight is naturally shedding off.
- Exercise is fun and I like the way it makes me feel. I am active every day and follow my exercise routine consistently. I am strong and fit.
- I am too blessed to be stressed. I use deep breathing daily to help me relax and handle stress. I feel at peace.
- Today I am grateful for the colorful and delicious food that brings me to full health. My relationship with food is positive.
- I love and nurture myself more every day. I listen to my body and give myself quality ME time and sleep.
- Life is beautiful and I appreciate life by eating right and staying active. I am a happy, healthy person.
- Happiness is an attitude, not a number on the scale. I refuse to be defined by my weight. My attitude is gratitude.
Holiday Recipe: Betsy’s Go-To Kale Salad
Always bring a salad to holiday parties. Fill half your plate with salad and then you’ll make better decisions about the rest.
- 1 large head of kale, ribbing removed and cut into bite sized pieces or smaller
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (or coleslaw mix)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T agave syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Drizzle a little olive oil on kale and massage kale pieces with your clean hands. Add cabbage, carrots, onion, and cranberries to the salad along with the dressing. This tossed salad can last for a few days in the fridge. Top with the rest of the ingredients (apples, cheese, nuts) when serving.